Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back to Work...

Yeap, it's Tuesday and I'm back in the office... moodless! Raya was great for me. I had a last minute shopping before going back to kampung. I'm surprised hubby was so so so patient while I shop. I can be very choosy at times. But it didn't take long, 3 hours of shopping, you think? I used to shop from day to night. That was when I was 21. Full of energy and the will to look good. Now I'm married with a baby inside me, I did mellow down a lot!

So, 3 days before raya we drove back to Kampung Gajah. I tell you we spent a lot. Buying chicken and stuff for raya prep. I slept a lot too at kampung because the weather was so hot! And fasting too for the last few days.

As usual on Raya day, the guys would go for prayers while the girls prepare food. Relatives would come in a big group, without fail. I didn't help much, I guess I babysit most of the time. This year we have 4 newborn nephews, where 2 of them are twins. Imagine the cries.. hehe..

Later, we'd as for forgiveness from each other, starting from the eldest to the youngest. Asking forgiveness from my husband is the most touching moment every year. Without finishing my sentences we'd both go into tears. It's like reminding us how much we depend on each other and why we're together in the first place. Of course along the way, we hurt each other unintentionally despite loving each other to death. As my friends always describe our love as Cinta Mati (macam cintan maut la). We are passionate people, I must say.

The highlight of this hari raya is of course our vacation in Penang with my family (for me la at least). We'd stay at our usual place; Century Bay. But this time Berjaya has taken over the management and they totally suck in managing the service apartment there. We've been returning to the same service apartment for more than 5 years, and this year must be the worst service we've ever received. The room given was a wreck. Toilet door looked like it had been hit by an elephant or something. My poor sis had to sleep on a Hospital Bed with tilam span (used to be wooden single bed frame with spring mattress)! They charge RM40 for the iron and gas (for cooking). Washing machine looked like it had been kungfu chopped by Bruce Lee. The list goes on.. But it's okay. I'll try to find alternative next year.

On Friday, we went to Ferringhi to shop! Hubby and I were busy looking for anything to decorate our dull house. We managed to get a few and I spent around RM110 for 2 beautiful pieces. I must admit I didn't get the best offer for myself, probably I was already too tired then. But I did bargain like hell for my sis's dress, accessories and loads more. She was shopping like a queen! And I was the confidante bargaining at her side.. haha.. We then continued to eat at Gurney drive but we went there a little too late. So we had to continue our food journey the next day.

Saturday, we visited our Aunt's house, also at Ferringhi. We didn't eat a lot as we were saving our tummy for more food! On the way down from the open house, we stopped by Tanjung Bungah for laksa and rojak. Damn it was good! Later, my parents and us (me, hubby, sis and bro) split up for different choice of activities. We went on to meet Jibam and Syami nearby our apartment which later led us to Bayan Lepas for Char Kuey Teow. But we couldn't eat no more. Trying to save some space for Gurney. And later, at Gurney was more rojak buah, laksa, muachi, sotong, etc. My stomach was about to explode with all the yummy food!

Sunday, our grand finale. We stopped by our late grandma's graveyard to say some prayers for her. And then we were off for our last chance to eat whatever we can. Padang Brown was first. Pasembor (doesn't taste like it used too), bubur cha-cha, sup urat. And then Jalan Kapitan Keling for nasi kandar. I was longing for telur sotong, which had been sold out for the past 2 days! Thank God it was available or else my baby would be drooling all over! haha.. that's what they say.

After a few more stops for nutmeg and jeruk, it was time to go home. Traffic was bad before Tapah, but after that it was okay.. moving but not fast.

This Hari Raya was spent lavishly. Since hubby and I received some bonus from the company and this year we were able to take one week leave. And now, I'm broke.. hahaha.. but happy... Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin!

1 comment:

Biqque said...

at last! i can 'feel' ur raya story.

ya allah sedapnye laaaaaaa! i luv penang and will alwiz be. tempat wajib i:
1) cucuk-cucuk at pantai bersih
2) laksa at batu feringhi

shopping? bargain? apsal tak pass je hp kat tokeh tu kasi ckp ngan i! hahaha! mesti terus dia hang up!