Friday, September 23, 2011

Beautiful Ones

My users always ask me how I could cope with their bosses' bad moods, tantrums, funny requests, emotions, menopause, (hehe) etc. They say I'm calm and collected. They say I have high tolerance and patience.

In fact I do if I'm allowed to boast myself. It's because I see the person in a different angle. I try to allow myself to understand the person's possible reason why they act in a certain way. And for these people I quietly label them as 'beautiful people'. Yes they're weird, different, difficult.. aren't they already special to you? They are not normal. That's why I deal with them differently. My client (the beautiful one), loves me so much she even set dates to see me, twice a week. And only wants to see me. Not my boss. Not my colleague. Her staffs says she seldom have favourites. I'm not talking big here, but yeah who cares what people think. I am proud to know I'm one of her favourites.

The world is so much of 'norm people' that we expect others to behave like we do. And if they don't, we criticize and desert them. Labeling them so many names. Oh yeah, like we're so perfect? Stop watching too much tv and get a grip of reality. We are all weird. We each have different personalities. What's important is we must know some respect and some 'adat'. You can be 'special' but if you don't have manners, than you're out of the picture, far from being 'beautiful'.

Beautiful People to me are those difficult to understand types. Their brain works funnily. They can be possessive, control freak, temperamental, judgemental, etc. They also are always conscious that people are watching them all the time. I don't fix these kinds, because they can never be fixed. They are just like that. So yeah, maybe it was right for 'norm people' to walk out from these 'beautiful ones' because 'norm people' usually don't know how to deal with them.

But hello, I'm not talking about gays or infidels or sorts. This is totally about character. It's different. Don't confuse with personality and faith.

So how do I deal with them? I usually submit and let them be. Gentleness always wins. Listen to them first then you speak. Always try to be on their side. When they accept you, then your ideas may be vital to them. Yup... they're difficult. And they are special. Do no attempt to change them, they may rebel.

I should be working at the psychiatric dept.

But of course I do have my limits. When my patience builds up to a blow, I blow like hell. So I'm not that tolerant either.

It's because I believe I used to be 'beautiful' once. Possessive. Control freak. Temperamental. That is why I understand these kinds more than some.

So smile at them and just let them be. You're no special than them either.


Note: If you're dealing with abusive types, then it's not your job to deal with them. Report immediately. Help them and yourselves. Mental abuse also can be reported and brought to court (for Muslim wives) just in case you don't know. Happy Friday people! :)


The video clip above is not related in any way to this blog. Just the title. Hehehe...

1 comment:

supersonic_teeth said...

i am temperamental. and nobody wants to deal with me. so i guess thats why you are the only beautiful person in the world to me. i love you. with all my heart.